This is an exciting opportunity to become the first US based company employee selling our James Dunlop brand and working in the vibrant Dallas market. The opportunity is to build upon a business foundation that has been established through a partner sales model and to actively grow the business in the territory, year on year.
We are seeking a Business Development Representative who is passionate about the textile industry, excited about working for an innovative New Zealand organization and flexible to adapt to a dynamic role.
You will be someone who makes a big difference to any role you apply yourself too, are a natural brand ambassador, strives to exceed customer expectations every time and enjoys delivering results over and above what is expected of you.
The Business Development Representative will bring their knowledge, passion, experience, expertise, relationships and networking abilities to the role to allow our company to build upon a business foundation that has been established through an agency sales model and to actively grow our company’s business in the territory, year on year. You will bring the following to the role –
• Experience in initiating, cultivating and sustaining strong mutually beneficial relationships with the A&D community in these territories.
• A deep understanding of interior design principles, fabric specifications, and the mid to high end market in both the residential and commercial segments (especially corporate and hospitality).
• Knowledge and experience of liaising with interior designers, architects, specifiers, purchasing agents and other design-based groups to deliver projects.
• Strong track record in generating consistent sales revenue and the ability to exceed sales targets.
• Impeccable professionalism in all interactions with clients and co-workers.
• An ability to act as an ambassador for our company, continually exceeding client expectations of our products and customer service.
• An ability to identify and develop new business opportunities through networking, relationship building and a drive for results.
• An ability to manage projects from start to finish—precise communications with clients, co-workers and management to ensure accurate invoicing, production and timely delivery.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, time management and organisational skills.
• US citizenship or a Green card holder.
A package of remuneration and benefits appropriate to the role will be provided including medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, paid vacation/personal days.
We will work with the successful candidate to create the most optimal working environment, including technology and samples storage space.